GLCS of SEMN Board Meeting Minutes
December 20, 2017 at Christ United Methodist Church
- Ken Tollefsrud resigned as Chair and as Board Member.
- Joshua was appointed Acting Chair for meeting.
- Last meeting minutes-
- May 17, June 21, July 19, August 16, September 20, October 18, November 15: presented to be filed by Richard, second by Branson, passed.
- Treasurer’s Report-
- Monthly reports for October and November presented.
- November 30th balances were $16,628 General, ($554) Pride, $2,819 Youth, $18,893 Total.
- Richard informed Board that Federal Government was inquiring about the operations of GLYS. Filed a report saying GLYS has not been functional for several years.
- Committee Reports:
- 2018 PrideFest Committee discussion (Josh)-
- Josh announced stepping down as 2018 PrideFest Chair for personal reasons.
- Approved the disposal of unsold 2017 PrideFest buttons.
- Student Scholarship Committee (Richard) –
- No report.
- LGBQTIA Mentoring Program (Vangie)–
- Committee did not have its first meeting on November 20 as scheduled so no meetings have been held by this committee.
- Discussion was held on missing information needed to be able to move forward with the program: 1) detailed description of program, 2) needs report for Olmsted County, 3) needs report for other Counties in southeastern Minnesota, 4) liability insurance issues.
- Motion by Brandon, second by Kami to rescind motion of June 21, 2017, to participate in the LGBQTIA Mentoring Program as presented to GLCS.
- Motion by Rick B., second by Brandon, to table indefinitely any further action to sponsor this program.
- Discussed providing an advisory LGBQTIA+ training to other mentoring organizations.
- Old Business:
- Discussed attendance at GLCS monthly meetings and quorum requirements.
- Discussed payments for GLCS web site maintenance of $100/ month. Reviewed IRS’s three questions to determine if employee or contracted services. Looks like employee. Further action tabled until discussion with David can be had.
- New Business:
- Discussed holding Annual Meeting on Monday, February 5th, 2018 at Broadway Bar and Pizza. Back up date is February 12th. Richard to check with Broadway Bar and Pizza.
- Next meetings --
- Pride committee meeting, January 3rd, 6-7 pm at Café Steam.
- Pride committee and Board meetings, January 20th, 7-8 pm at Christ United Methodist Church.